Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wednesday, 17 July 1996

I'm at the Stepping Stone diner for breakfast on a rainy, cold day in the middle of summer. I guess reviving this Mauve Decade project has once again failed. I've been working, working, etc., temp job, then off to a film festival, then more working, waiting to hear about American Job's progress and then more working. Waiting, nothing, working, paying off credit cards, a little anyway, only about $15,000 debt left. Only? Anyway, living in Portland, that's the best thing. Got hired at my near permanent temp job. Another law firm. The summer is definitely welcome. Today feels like fall, and that's welcome, too, since it doesn't feel enough like fall here in the fall. Middle of July, 1996. This is a nice diner, too bad it's not in our neighborhood. It's old, and L-shaped, on a corner in a residential neighborhood. Circular fluorescent lights in the ceiling, L-shaped counter. Booths. Good coffee cups—though I've quit drinking coffee, at least for now. Bad music on the bad radio. Why? Why is there so much bad music? Oh, my.

No comments:

Post a Comment